We are taking the Coronavirus extremely seriously here at Akina and as such are following all the government guidelines strictly and carefully. With social distancing making our usual ‘walk-in’ appointments impossible, we are now providing online consultations via video technology so we can bring our expert skincare services right to you. The exact same professional service is being provided but from the comfort and safety of your own home. Our online skincare consultations cost €50 which is redeemable against products bought. During your online consultation, we will carry out a thorough analysis of your skin and discuss any concerns you might have.
Why it’s good to get an online consultation
Just because there is a current lockdown in place, this does not mean you have to live with your skin conditions. Now is the perfect time to invest in your skin’s care and resolve any underlying issues you’ve had to deal with recently. Since the consultation is via video you don’t have to leave your house, making it very quick and simple to speak with our skincare experts. Furthermore, it is important to keep the amount of physical interaction at a minimum and by carrying out our consultations in this way, it means we can help reduce the spread of this virus even further.
Which skin conditions can we help you with
We can help you to address a number of skincare concerns during this pandemic. Some of the common skin conditions you might be experiencing during this time might include the following:
- Ageing skin
- Sun damage
- Dry skin
- Pigmentation problems
- Excess surface oil
- Blocked or open pores
- Uneven skin tone
- Redness and sensitivity.
How best to prepare for an online consultation
All of our therapists are qualified skincare experts and will have taken into account any medical concerns or notes that you provided us with when signing up. However, there are a few more things you can do before your meeting so that you get the most out of your Online Video Skincare Consultation. Here is a list of things you can do to prepare:
- First of all, one thing you can do to prepare for your consultation is to write down a list of any questions you have or problems you want help with. It can be easy to forget something important, so it’s good to be prepared. Having these written down will focus your mind on what you want to talk to your therapist about and what they can help with.
- Next, make sure you have a pen and some paper ready when it is time for your consultation. You’re going to be given lots of advice during your consultation, and being able to note all of these tips down will be very beneficial for you.
- If possible, prior to your consultation, make sure to check your internet connection, check that the sound and mic on your computer are turned on and working and that the room you will be having your consultation in has adequate lighting. This is so that there are no interruptions or potential mishaps during your online consultation.
- In addition, it is strongly advised that you wash your face before your consultation as well as removing any make-up you might be wearing. This will make it easier for our therapists to properly analyse and assess your skin condition as well as advise on the most ideal treatment for your needs.
- So that we can understand everything about your skin, we will ask you a number of questions around your issues, medical history and current skincare routine. Preparing your answers in advance to some of these questions will make the whole process easier.
- Finally, if you are able, it is advised to keep a skin diary in the week prior to your consultation. This will help you to identify what skin issues are bothering you the most and may show what your ‘triggers’ are too.
If you would like to book an Online Skincare Consultation with us, simply get in touch and we will get you booked in. Please keep in mind that these slots are first come first served and will go quite quickly.